Good afternoon Tiger Families!
I have several announcements for the coming week, which will be our final week of instruction before summer break.
- Online instruction continues next week, and the final day of structured online learning for elementary students will be this Friday, May 15. All students, except for graduating seniors, will be allowed to keep their Greeneville City Schools provided computer this summer to continue learning with the district-provided resources on their Launchpad and additional resources posted on our website. If your student will not be returning to Greeneville City Schools in the fall, please call the school office to arrange for the return of the system-provided device.
- Students in grades 3-8 will not receive a report card grade for the 4th nine weeks of school. However, they will receive a yearlong grade that will be comprised of the average of the first and second semester grades. Electronic final report cards will be sent to parent emails on May 22nd.
- During our final week of instruction, we will continue to celebrate fun days on our Tigers At Home Facebook page. Please post in the comments each day pictures of all the fun our Tigers are having!
- Monday, May 18th – Fifth Grade drive through celebration parade AT 6 PM at Tusculum View Front Circle.
- Fifth graders, WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU AND WILL MISS YOU! On May 18th at 6 pm our TV staff will line the front circle and greet our 5th graders as they drive through in a celebration parade. Students will receive their promotion certificate, a memento, and their belongings from school. If 5th grade students have any items that belong to the school, they should bring them to drop off at this time. All students and parents will remain in their cars for the entire event. Unfortunately, we will not be able to give student belongings of siblings in other grades. Pickup for all remaining grades will occur on May 19th.
- Cars participating in the 5th grade parade will enter the back way to TV on Luther St. from Tusculum View Access Rd. Cars will pull up to the STOP sign and turn left and travel around the front circle (staff will be here welcoming you!). Cars will stop and have their picture made by Ms. Stephens with the 5th grade team (Homeroom teachers will email pictures to students a few days later.) Students will then be given their belongings and drop off anything that belongs to the school. Cars will then exit to the side parking lot and back out on Luther St. There will be NO access to the school from LaFayette St. or the bypass.
- Tuesday, May 19th – Students may pickup their belongings from 10 – 2 and 5 -7 pm in the side parking lot. Cars will enter the side parking lot in the same way as morning drop off. TV staff will be stationed to collect any items you have to drop off and will also give you your student’s belongings. This will include items from lockers and desks, yearbooks if purchased, and Daddy/Daughter Dance pictures if ordered. If you have any items that belong to the school, please bring those at this time as well.
- Thursday, May 21st – TV staff will be coming around to say farewell to all TV students in a Staff End of the Year Celebration Parade! TV staff will be on buses and in cars and will follow all three bus routes beginning at 1:00 on May 21st. According to the approximate schedule below, students and families can come out to their normal bus stops and wave and cheer as the buses and cars pass by to wish you a happy summer! PLEASE NOTE A CHANGE IN ROUTE FROM LAST WEEK!
Bus 6 (Ms. Megan) – around 1:05 – 1:30 pm
Bus 3 (Mr. Ben)– around 1:25 – 1:45 pm
Bus 1 (Mr. Bobby) – around 1:40 – 2:30 pm
For all out of zone students that do not ride a bus, you will gather in the Greene County Fair Grounds FRONT parking lot – near the main fair entrance at Fair Grounds Rd. Parade will be there around 2:15-2:30 pm.
These times are an estimate. You may want to be out a little earlier than these times. It will all depend on traffic. We will pull out from the school around 1:00 pm. We can’t wait to see our Tigers and give them a BIG AIR HUG!!
Fairgrounds Rd (not Out of Zone gathering spot)/ Virginia/ Longview Dr
Bolton Rd - Ravenwood
Snappy Ferry Park
Bus G-3 roads
Mason / Apple
Avondale, Woodside, Sparta, Mimosa
Morrow- Cottonwood/Garland Dr
Hillcrest /Morningside/Eastview/Cherokee Dr
Sunvalley- all will have to come out to Sunvalley: Valiant, Johnathan, Crestwood Dr, Hazel Dr, Heather ln, Vestal, Marietta, Emerald, Galway, Dubin
Hickory/Dogwood/Briarwood/Windwood dr- we will not go down this road. Anyone here will have to come out to Hope
Shiloh Shoals - Jules Ct, Rayley Ct, Avery Ln
Sylvan / Remine
Bus will go down Grapevine- Hollow Tree Ct and Pine Straw Rdg walks down
Bus will go down Oliphant Dr - for Kimbili Dr walk down
Heritage Hills /Wood Crest Dr/Woodcrest Cir
Old Shiloh- if they live off of these streets, they will have to walk out to end of sub division; Colricia, Lexington Ct, Pinewood Cir/ E Pointe Traces/Hampton Ct/Whildwood Ct./Meadow Wood
Oak Grove Rd
Old Tusculum : Glenfield Trial/W Hawthorne Ct - which is new sub division.. Will only drive down Old Tusculum..
Dyer St / College View
S Rufe Taylor Rd / Crestview Dr
N Rufe Taylor Rd
Fairgrounds for out of Zone students
- Additional Information
- Tusculum View Birthday Book Club - If you purchased a Birthday Book Club book this year, students will choose their book and celebrate when school starts back.
- All returning students need to complete the registration process for the 20-21 school year. Snapcodes have been sent by email to the parents of all current students. The subject of the email is Greeneville City Schools Returning Student Registration. Please contact your school if you did not receive a registration email. It is urgent that all returning student registration be completed as soon as possible. PLEASE COMPLETE REGISTRATION ASAP!
- On-line Kindergarten registration continues for all children who reside inside the Greeneville City limits and who will be a new student entering kindergarten for the 20-21 school year. The registration link is available on the school system’s website at www.gcschools.net
- Applications to enroll 4-year-old children in the Pre-K Program for the 20-21 school year began on May 1 and continues. The registration link is available on the school system’s website. Eligibility for enrollment in the Pre-K program is determined by federal and state program requirements. Please call 423-863-3736 or 423-677-8469 should you have any questions regarding the Pre-K program.
- 5th grade students can now register for the band program at Greeneville Middle School. A registration link will be sent to 5th grade student email accounts. https://forms.gle/YfqSGQvkRRwu8Kmw5
- Our School Nutrition Team will continue to provide meals to anyone 18 years of age or younger through Thursday, May 21. Pickup is available at Hal Henard Elementary School or at Greeneville High School from 11:00 am till 12:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Delivery service is also available for those without reliable transportation. For more information or to sign up for the feeding program, please call 423-278-9156 or complete the online survey on our district website. The summer feeding program will begin on Monday, June 1 and run through Tuesday, June 30. More detailed information about the summer feeding program will be released in the coming weeks.